Emotional Freedom Techniques
Access Health incorporates different modalities of treatment to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. EFT has proven to be an excellent tool to have available, and the joy it provides as a self-empowerment tool to be used by clients in the future is invaluable.
What is EFT?
EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) is a practical mind/body self-help method. A process of mindful and intentional tapping (gently, with fingertips) on several acupuncture meridian endpoints on the face and upper body. An EFT intervention utilises the same pathways/channels found in traditional Chinese energy medicine, while also capitalising on our ability to think about or “tune-in” to our problem or issue in proactive ways.
EFT or “tapping” is easy to learn and flexible enough to be used by anyone. It can allow us to transform the way we respond to uncomfortable thoughts, feelings, and troubling memories (with pain, tension or stress, for example). Whether it is used alone or together with an experienced practitioner, EFT can bring surprising and lasting relief, changing the energy we bring to any life situation, and so much more.
As we explore EFT for ourselves, we can become more aware of how our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions affect us physiologically and we can make changes for the better.
Ok it sounds a bit fluffy, right? The Chinese have been practicing meridian access therapy for around 3000 years. Acupuncture and Acupressure have been pretty much accepted in the West by mainstream medicine as an alternative treatment, even though meridian energy and the landmarks mapped out by the Chinese had not been scientifically proven.
In recent years, very recent indeed!! Those Meridian channels have been proven. Not just that, they have been mapping them ever since. This new, but ancient science has been adopted across the globe as an alternative means of addressing issues in therapy. It is so user-friendly that everyone is capable of benefiting from it. In the United States EFT has recently been approved and funded for the treatment of Veterans suffering from PTSD!
How Can EFT Help Me?
- Relieve stress and promote general relaxation
- Release and transform painful, uncomfortable or “negative” emotions like anxiety, sadness, anger, guilt, frustration, etc.
- Improve or even eliminate some types of physical discomfort or pain
- Heal the effects of emotional trauma whether you remember the incident or not and whether the emotional trauma came from one event or many
- Diminish cravings for food and addictive substances
- Resolve financial blocks and help us change our financial behaviour
- Address relationship problems
- Resolve emotional eating and weight issues
- Ameliorate or relieve symptoms from diagnosed medical conditions
- Relieve phobias and other fears, irrational or otherwise
- Relieve the symptoms of PTSD
- Foster better sleep and sleep habits
- Increase self-esteem, clear-thinking, positive feelings and a sense of greater peace
- Improve performance (artistic, professional, athletic, sexual, etc.)
- Maximize creativity, visioning, and goal setting
- Increase energy and productivity
- Empower children, parents, and families
- Benefit the lives of animals (Yes, even the creatures!!)
- Promote spiritual growth, self-empowerment, and confidence
- Move us beyond self-limiting beliefs and open us towards greater possibilities
- And so much more.